Join us when the veil is thin between the worlds of the living and the dead. During this sacred season, we celebrate our Witches’ New Year and remember our ancestors, beloved dead, and all those who have crossed over.
Ritual Intention: We cross the veils to heal our ancestral wounds and bring forth the magics of our lineage–all for the price of a juicy apple!
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 2, 2017
7:30pm Doors Open & Bardic “Open Mic”
8:00pm Outdoor Ritual
Green Man Store
5712 Lankershim Blvd,
North Hollywood, CA 91601
$10 – $20 suggested donation
The ritual space is on mostly even concrete in the open-air backyard of the store. Access to the ritual space is level and wide enough for wheelchair access. Typically, accessing the ritual space requires going through the store, which does have strong scents, and accommodations can be made in advance to come in through alleyway. The ritual space will have some light after dark, but it is minimal, and there will be a ritual fire in the middle. Chairs are available for those needing to sit for part of or all of the ritual, and the ritual is structured to allow for participation also while seated. Acoustics in the yard can be difficult with aircraft flying overhead; however, there are no constant loud noises, and the ritual is conducted with awareness of the ambient noise level to help with hearing. Very rarely, due to inclement weather (either heavy rain or wildfire smoke), the ritual is moved to an indoor space which is up a flight of stairs with no wheelchair access.
We have written this accessibility statement to be as inclusive as possible so that people with accessibility concerns do not have to do the labor of asking. If we have overlooked some aspect, please email us at email@example.com, and we will do our utmost to answer – your question is not a burden in the slightest and will help us to improve our accessibility statements on future rituals.
WHAT TO BRING
- Photos and/or other meaningful items of your Beloved Dead for the altar.
- Food and drink to share for the post-ritual potluck.
- Your own reusable/washable plate, cup, utensils, and napkin.
- If you are called, bring flowers and other ancestor offerings for the altar.
- We will be hosting a bardic pre-ritual gathering in the Green Man’s classroom area prior to the ritual. Please consider bringing a devotional/bardic offering to share with your fellow celebrants before the ritual – a song, a poem, a piece of art – in honor of the season and the turning of the Wheel.
- To continue building and supporting our community of activists, we will have a dedicated space at the post-ritual potluck for calls to action, such as flyers or pamphlets, that represent the causes our community members are passionate about. All causes are welcome so long as they are in the spirit of Reclaiming’s Principles of Unity.
All Genders Welcome!
Children welcome with adult supervision.
To support those in recovery, this ritual is “clean and sober.”
Brigid: February 2 @ The Green Man
Ostara: March 23 @ Griffith Park
Beltane: April 27 @ Griffith Park
Litha: June 15 @ Nicholas Canyon Beach
Lughnasadh: July 27 @ The Green Man
Mabon: September 14 @ Griffith Park
Samhain: November 2 @ The Green Man
Yule: December 15 @ Nicholas Canyon Beach