Join us to Celebrate the festival of Brigid – also known as Imbolc, Candlemas, or Lady Day! This is a great time of year to replenish your creative wells and perhaps make a commitment to your spiritual growth and healing journey (personal and planetary).
Brigid is the mighty Celtic Triple Goddess of inspiration, art & poetry, healing, childbirth, and smithcraft. This ritual will invite you to make a pledge for the coming year at Brigid’s forge.
Our ritual intention is:
We forge in fire, we heal in water, we pledge in community, we pledge as community.
Saturday, February 8, 2020
7:30 pm Doors Open & Bardic Open Mic
8:00 pm Ritual
Green Man Store
5712 Lankershim Blvd,
North Hollywood, CA 91601
$10 – $20 suggested donation
● The ritual space is on mostly even concrete in the open-air backyard of the store. Access to the ritual space is level and wide enough for wheelchair access. Very rarely, due to inclement weather (either heavy rain or wildfire smoke), the ritual is moved to an indoor space which is up a flight of stairs with no wheelchair access. If we need to move the ritual upstairs, we will announce on our website and social media several hours before the start time, so that celebrants may plan accordingly.
● Typically, accessing the ritual space requires going through the store, which does have strong scents, and accommodations can be made in advance to come in through alleyway.
● The ritual space will have some light after dark, but it is minimal, and there will be a ritual fire in the middle.
● Chairs are available for those needing to sit for part of or all of the ritual, and the ritual is structured to allow for participation also while seated.
● Acoustics in the yard can be difficult with aircraft flying overhead; however, there are no constant loud noises, and the ritual is conducted with awareness of the ambient noise level to help with hearing.
We have written this accessibility statement to be as inclusive as possible so that people with accessibility concerns do not have to do the labor of asking. If we have overlooked some aspect, please email us at email@example.com, and we will do our utmost to answer – your question is not a burden in the slightest and will help us to improve our accessibility statements on future rituals.
WHAT TO BRING
● Please bring small samples of “waters of the world” (water from your home or a special place) to share in Brigid’s Well and to take home.
● Please bring food and drink to share for the post-ritual potluck.
● Please bring your own reusable/washable plate, cup, utensils, and napkin.
● We will be hosting a bardic pre-ritual gathering in the Green Man’s classroom area prior to the ritual. Please consider bringing a devotional/bardic offering to share with your fellow celebrants before the ritual – a song, a poem, a piece of art – in honor of the season and the turning of the Wheel.
All Genders Welcome!
Children welcome with adult supervision.
To support those in recovery, this ritual is clean and sober.
2020 Ritual Calendar
Brigid: February 8 at the Green Man
Ostara: March 21 at Griffith Park near Crystal Springs Drive
Beltane: May 2 at The Old Zoo, Griffith Park
Litha: June 13 at Nicholas Canyon Beach
Lughnasadh: August 1 at the Green Man
Autumn Equinox: September 19 at Griffith Park near Crystal Springs Drive
Samhain: November 7 at the Green Man
Yule: December 13 at Nicholas Canyon Beach